There are absolute contraindications and specific instructions for damaged areas and special diagnoses for the use of CORDUS and SACRUS.
The use of CORDUS and SACRUS may not be suitable for patients with these medical conditions:
The absolute ones are usually very serious health conditions: like cancer, infectious diseases, etc. These contraindications are similar to those of other therapies for the back and for practicing most sports.
- If you are forbidden to massage the back or a specific area of the back, do not apply CORDUS and SACRUS in the indicated areas.
- Specific or non-specific infectious processes in the spine and joints such as osteomyelitis of the spine, tuberculous spondylitis, ankylosing spondylitis, and others.
- Tumors in the spine and spinal cord, or malignant neoplasms of any location.
- Recent traumatic injuries (less than 6 months) to the spine or severe head injuries.
- Acute disorders of cerebrovascular circulation: cerebral infarction, atherothrombosis, occlusion of the vertebral artery, etc.
- Ankylosis, complete lack of movement of the joints.
- Serious diseases of the internal organs.
Special Cases with Limitations
In special cases with limitations, the devices cannot be applied to a specific area, but they can be applied to other areas of the column.
- SPINE SURGERY: CORDUS and SACRUS can be used six months after undergoing surgery, starting moderately *.
- PREGNANCY: Use the appliances only in the cervical and dorsal area (above the shoulder blades).
- HEART PROBLEMS: If massages are not contraindicated, you can apply CORDUS and SACRUS only on the lumbar area and coccyx.